Also, while I personally do not celebrate Christmas, instead celebrating Chanukah, if you send me a Christmas card or anything like that, it is OKAY. Don't need to treat me any different than others.
JUST AS WELL, yes, my birthday is December 20th, so if you do decide on anything, just roll all the holidays into one, its okay for everything to be together ^^
- Make a post to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a character icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friends’ friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use; or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free-- do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out; it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf; to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not, it's your call.
- There are no rules with this, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just… wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. I like things that smell nice. I know, very clichéd and all that jazz, but really, I like things that smell good, and that people pick out. You’ll never find me going and buying perfume or something at the store. The one scent that I have never changed is my body lotion, which I always go with Sweet Pea, because one, it was a nickname, and two, it smells really great. So if anyone wants to send me anything: BPALs, candles, lotions, etc. I don’t have anything specific that I want, because I like it when other people pick out stuff that they think would be good for me. ^^
2. I like fandom things! I like icons, I like art, I like manips, I like fic (especially like fic) and everything that that entails! If you know me well, you can probably guess what my favorite fandoms are by stuff I’ve done or talked about or icons I have or really anything. If not, I can always make up a list somewhere ^^ ALSO, I love roleplay stuff. I love stuff that relates to a roleplay I’m in, a roleplay I was in, characters I’ve played with your characters, etc.
3. Pictures. What I like to do is give people disposable cameras and then let them have at it. So what you could do is go and buy a disposable camera, take as many pictures as you can of you, your family, friends, favorite spots to go to, to read, hang out, drink coffee, write, anything. And you can take any kind of picture you want; if there is a huge beetle running across your floor and it is just so big that it needs to be shared, take a picture! You see an awesome cloud formation, take a picture! Then you send me the cameras and I’ll go and get them all developed!
4. Keychains, buttons, or those little dangly things that you put on your cellphone! No stickers, because I have issues with stickers (they always stick to the wrong thing) but yes! All that stuff is fun, especially fandom stuff, but any jokes, sarcasticness, or anything really is great.
5. Watches! Okay, so I suck with watches. My last two watches broke on me, and by broke, I mean the backing flew off and one of the straps ripped off of the actual watch part. So right now I have a watch that has been through the mill. I’ve super glued this thing about six times so far, and if it breaks again, that means I need to go out and buy a new watch. So if you have any old watches lying around that you don’t need, or you see one that is cheap and fun, I am willing to get a million watches if it means I don’t have to keep buying one every week.
6. Now this is going to be a weird one, but I am currently looking for an ocarina. Its an instrument that I can actually play, and there are a lot of different types out there. So if you’d like, you can always pick me up a little musical instrument, and especially, music that can be played with it! Sheets of music that you’ve either composed yourself, or songs that seem like fun to play, that’s great! Remember, an ocarina is in the flute section, so that’s the kind of music it would be good to have ^^
7. Supernatural stuff. The show, Supernatural, not some voodoo dolls or something. That’s actually the next thing on the list xD Anything that you could make, or things that have pictures on them… you know, some people have pillows with Dean’s face on them, or blankets with the boys on it. Hell, even posters or something would be really awesome. I actually don’t have too much Supernatural stuff, which makes me very sad D: How can I fangirl properly without actual things to fangirl over?! xDD
8. And now onto actual supernatural stuff xD Amulets that protect you against evil, statues of the goddess, hoodoo bags, candles that help bring the room back to a peaceful state; with two roomies, we definitely need peaceful times. Calming is the right word, actually. But yes! Amulets, bags, candles, anything that deals with helping or preventing, well. I’ll take it. <3
9. Music! I do love music. I like getting new music, I like exploring other types of music that I’ve never listened to before. I like everything, though I’m not so much a big fan of country. I’ll listen to it, but no guarantees! But yeah, flash drives of music, mp3 files; any and all. Music is always a great gift, no matter what!
10. I can’t think of anything else, so have an Amazon wishlist xD Amy’s Amazon Wishlist
If you’d like my address, just email me at email@example.com (Please put your LJ name or regular name so that I know who you are!)
And….I guess that’s it xD Link me to your own wishlists as well!